DIAMOND GAME ENTERPRISES — Chatsworth, CA
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Division Controller and will play a critical role in managing the business. This person will partner with the Assistant Controller to ensure correct and timely month-end close process and assist in planning and budgeting process, making capital investment decisions and influencing senior leadership. Additionally, this team member will be responsible for creating and maintaining various key financial reports and KPIs.
It is important that you thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment, and bring organization and attention to detail to your role. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in open space with lots going on.
Senior Financial Analyst Job Duties
- Oversee month end review to ensure accounting entries are accurate and deadlines are met
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage P&L expectations and support with financial data & analysis
- Provide commentary to explain actual vs. budget variances
- Oversee periodic reporting and deck preparation for senior leadership at the Division and Corporate office
- Handle capital project submissions, financial analysis and approval process
- Stay up to date with the ERP and BI software, and be the leader in report writing and process improvement initiatives
- Influencing and articulating accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
- Engage in the annual audit by helping with internal control compliance testing to ensure all policies and documentation and provided to external parties
Senior Financial Analyst Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience with CPA / ACCA / ACA or equivalent certification
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges to identify issues and opportunities
- Superior financial modeling skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Self-motivated, able to work with a limited amount of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline-oriented
- Must be team-oriented
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines / objectives
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Navision and Jet Reports is a plus